Fingerprints: The Best Of Powderfinger 1994 - 2000 Review

artist: Powderfinger date: 12/06/2004 category: compact discs
Powderfinger: Fingerprints: The Best Of Powderfinger 1994 - 2000
Released: Nov 1, 2004
Genre: Rock
It features songs from their first four albums up until the monster odyssey Number Five, plus two brand new, previously unreleased songs Colour Me and Process This.
 8.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Fingerprints: The Best Of Powderfinger 1994 - 2000 Reviewed by: canadian_woo, on december 06, 2004

Sound: This in undoubtedly Australians best band the sound they produce is absolutely amazing and is original (which is rare for most Australian bands). This is Powderfinger's first greatest hits set and is a perfect example of how diverse powderfinger are. There are slow acoustic moments, hard rocking moments, and just plain amazing moments. The sound and structure of this album is truly amazing. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics of Powderfinger are ultimatley what one me over as a fan I think they are the highlight of the album. They match the music perfectly and give evry song meaning (even "Like A Dog"). Singer Benard Fanning has one of the best voices going around at the moment. // 10

Overall Impression: Even though this is a greatest hits CD I consider it to be Powderfinger's best because every song on the album shows how diverse Powderfinger can be and also further proves that Powderfinger is Australia's best band. I think the best songs on this album are "DAF", These Days and "Passenger". My only complaint about this CD is that it doesn't feature tracks from Vulture Street like "On My Mind" & "Love Your Way". But I suppose that's why they called it The Best Of 1994-2000. If this CD was lost or stolen I would already be down at the shop buying another one. Defiantly one of the best CD of 2004 and of all time. // 10

Comments