Destroy What You Enjoy review by Powerman 5000

• Released: Aug 1, 2006
Powerman 5000: Destroy What You Enjoy

This CD is definetl PM5K's best CD to date. They've come a long way from Tonight the Stars Revolt, and the new guitarists, Johnny Heatley and Terry Corso, sound awesome. Ths album is a lot more melodic and a lot less robotic than they used to be. My favorite song has to be Murder, in which every instrument just plain out rocks, and gives the song a sick flow that is nowhere near forgettable. Every son sounds a little more individual when compared to their earlier CDs, in which most of the songs sounded similar. The only problems were the Construction of the Masses songs, which are rapped, but I got used to it and now don't care.

The lyrics keep getting better, and Spider hasn't lost his amazing voice, which could not sound better, or fit the band any more perfectly. I keep seeing how people compare him to Rob Zombie all the time, that is because he's Rob Zombie's younger brother. If you din't know that, now you know. There is definetly a lot of singing talent in that family.

Powerman 5000 keeps getting better and better, and this CD is no exception. The songs have more individuality now, and the members keep getting better and better at keeping their trademark sound. There isn't another band that sounds like Powerman 5000, and I highly suggest getting this CD, not to mention their other CDs, which are all irreplaceable.

ready2breakdown
    yeah this was probably the weirdest decisions a band could have ever possibly made! I thought my friends were playing a joke on me when they let me see the video for "wild world". I thought that maybe PM5K had a sense of humor or something, but I see I was sadly wrong... It makes me sick to see Spider now, he swears he'd like the next Billy Idol or something. He's far from it, and this turn was for the worse. And I thought Adrian Ost was in the band a while before they made this random switch, but I may be wrong?