The Lucky Ones review by Pride Tiger

Pride Tiger: The Lucky Ones

I was first introduced to Pride Tiger upon reading an article in the Canadian underground music scene "Chart". I was thoroughly impressed with the very well written article on B.C. rockers who were projected to storm the underground scene with a unique but very Thin Lizzy, guitar driven sound. How could I go wrong. Their work that was displayed on their myspace at the time were the early recording of later songs on the album including, "Let 'em Go" and "The White Witch Woman Blues". I was again impressed and mesmerized by catchy beats and well driven party songs. When the CD was out I immediately went out to get it and was pleased to hear that they got a bit of radio play. The songs, although similarly structured all sound great when listened to in the succession they are listed and are a great leap from fast to slow to melodic harmony of voice, guitar, bass and drums.

When I think of Pride Tiger, I never really think of what lyrics they write about. Before I wrote this review I tried to do my research to understand what exactly they write about and still, I don't get the songs! Songs of a Wizards Council, a New Jones and Dancing all night long, sounds pretty straight forward to me. I just left if at that and decided to the marvel at how well the lyrics and the singer compels the listener into the music through the lyrics. Did I mention that the singer is the drummer, now that takes some skill. Not a great overall impression of the lyrics but still pretty great.

Overall it's hard not to sit down and listen to Canadian rockers Pride Tiger and not just enjoy the music even if you don't love them. There is an obvious likeness to Thin Lizzy that sometimes you have to wonder why you don't just pull out Jailbreak so Pride Tiger do lack a bit of creativity. That said, you do have to give them a certain amount of credit for writing great songs like "The White Witch Woman Blues" "What It Is" "The Lucky Ones" "Sweet Dreams" and a few more. If it was stolen I would probably go and buy it again but it wouldn't be a tragedy. I do love the album though.