They Can't All Be Zingers review by Primus

• Released: Oct 17, 2006
Primus: They Can't All Be Zingers

Primus, what can I say? Les Claypool has to be GOD of bass, slapping and tapping or just using two fingers. He does it all. Such as in "Jerry Was a Racecar Driver", tapping the D & G string on his bass and slapping the A string so it sounds like 2 people. Larry LaLonde doing amazing things with his guitar. Just simply amazing. God-like drumming from Tim Alexander, such as keeping the hi-hat closed and using a double-kick pedal. A definte must buy album.

Lyrics a funny but serious. Such as "Too Many Puppies" was written to signify soldiers going to war (dogs of war) but saying that the soldiers are just puppies. Also in "Jerry Was A Racecar Driver" telling the story of Jerry and his death (too many cold beers one night, wrapped himself 'round a telephone pole). Singer skills are good, depending on what kinda music you listen to. I listen to this kind of music so I think Les does a very good job.

This is by far my my favorite CD. The best songs on here are "John The Fisherman", "Tommy The Cat", "Jerry Was A Racecar Driver", "DMV", "Wynona's Big Brown Beaver", and "Cottails of Dead Man". If this CD were lost or stolen I would have to get this album again.