My Brother's Blood Machine review by Prize Fighter Inferno

• Released: Oct 31, 2006
Prize Fighter Inferno: My Brother's Blood Machine

The record kicks off with "The Going Price For Home" which is one of the more electronic tracks on the album which displays Claudio's great use of dubbed vocals and melodic choruses and verses. "The Fight Of Moses Early And Sid Arthur McCloud" offers you an outstanding acoustic piece from Claudio which is no surprise when we are talking about Sanchez. This acoustic sound is what The Prize Fighter Inferno started their sound as and it definitely has improved with the new tracks. "A Death In The Family" and "The Margretville Dance" are my two favorite tracks on the album. Both of them have a strong electronic influence and are extremely catchy and even dancey in "The Margretville Dance". The lyric "here they come to rock your body all night long" is boasted throughout the song and really gets you moving. One of the most interesting things about this song is the fact tht Claudio actually sounds like an early Michael Jackson in it, and yes, I am dead serious about that. Tracks six, seven, eight, and nine are also impressive songs, displaying many if not all of the charecteristics talked about earlier in the review. The latter part of the album really slows down and I feel that Sanchez just put the tracks in there to fill up eleven tracks. Whether this is true or not they aren't really strong and I find myself turning the album off around track nine in most cases.

The lyrics on the album are obviously creative, imaginitive, and out there, which is also no surprise when speaking of Claudio Sanchez. The record of course has a concept and is played out through the lyrics quite well. Sanchez is a professional at telling stories through his music and is one of the best in music at doing that right now. Sanchez' emotion and religious undertone come out in the track "The Missing McCloud Boys" when he writes. "In the days when children sung, in the heart claimed, shattered sun. You were right in telling them, where they were beneath the snow. Space call God right now, let them be judged upon, what they've done to my son."

The production on the album is also quite good. We see some of Claudio's other talents come out in this album. Sanchez produced and mixed the entire album and was only helped in the mastering of the record. The most amazing thing about this record is the fact that it was almost entirely completed by Claudio. This entire album is his work and no one else's and it is a great one I must say. I would definitely reccommend this album to anyone who is a fan of Coheed And Cambria and anyone who likes rock with a little electronic feel to it. Before I listened to the album I knew of Claudio and I have heard some of his previous demos for the side project and I was not impressed at all. I figured this was going to be a slow, proggresive, dull album that I would sit on my shelf once I got it, but this is not the case. While this album may not be one of the best albums of the year, it is definitely enjoyable and is definitely worth the money, so get out to a store near you and pick it up.

x_basskid_x
    Omg. How much was Claudio LOWERED HIMSELF to make this music. Bring back C&C that's what I say.
    Toms' anominous
    i love it. ive learnt to hear C&C albums through a few times and ive done the same to this one. track 3 and 6 are crap though but this is made up for with track 7 which is awsome.