Act Of God review by Pro-Pain

• Released: Feb 16, 1999
Pro-Pain: Act Of God

This is my favorite Pro-Pain album. It is very fast and heavy. It is generally thrash metal with some hardcore structure and mood, but the lyrics are all pretty much metal-yelled and metal-metered. This album is very well written, and avoids the monotony of bad metal. It does however, have an album identity.

The vocals yelled very skillfully. They do not interfere with the music or lyrics, but are just right. Some melody is injected without exceeding the bounds of the vocalist. The lyrics all deal with pride and having self confidence. They want to fight. I find that their attitude is similar to Pantera's. They are a DIY band who are true to themselves, still chasing the dream after all these years.

This album is way better than Contents Under Pressure, which everyone seems to think is great but it sucks. This is Pro-Pain's crowning achievement. It is fast and heavy with some melody. I find the best metal comes from underground bands that are grinding it out, not working for huge checks. Pro-Pain are veteran metalheads and they got it right with this album. It kicks ass start to finish. Buy this album! It's hard to find. I have bought it twice, once used and once online.