Probot review by Probot

• Released: Feb 10, 2004
Probot: Probot

This album was just a mix of famous band people all across metal to come together with Dave Grohl and try to do something cool and it worked very well as a matter of fact. I bought the edition of this on vinyl and nothing sounds as good as vinyl. The audio quality is stupendous. I like how the album presents all kinds of sounds based on who is playing what with which artist. I mixed the songs up, got a list of the guest stars, and tried to guess which was which!

Red War wasn't really meaning much like Centuries of Sin. Access Babylon was well delivered by the COC man. The best song lyrically is definately Silent Spring because it brings forth a very political message a bout how we are in the slow process of extincting the human race. Emerald Law was well done by the vocalist and that is probably my second favorite song all around. The vinyl edition come with an extra song but it isn't that great.

I was very impressed with Dave Grohl's first collaboration album and I think it was a great idea giving it a shot like Grohl did. He should do this again sometimes when he isn't working with Foo Fighters. I loved the art. Whoever did the art did great. This isn't the greatest album in the world but it certainly has it's place. I think this would be a good album to add to a serious fan of any of the artists listed on the guest list. It would also make a good first metal album. Southern Lord Records make some pretty good stuff, man.