And the Rest Will Follow review by Project 86

• Released: Sep 27, 2005
Project 86: And the Rest Will Follow

The opening track is a frickin' awesome track because of the way it is structured. The vocals on the whole album are great and the lyrics certainly are something to ponder. The guitar sound is very edgy and heavy so it blows out your sterio. Tooth and Nail Records did a great job recording the album and it sounds very clear. They are considered a christian band and I personnally are not interested in the message but the lyrics are sometimes crude. In Sincerely, Ichabod, they scream "off with your head" numerous times and some things about blades going through skin. My Will Be A Dead Man is a more classical sounding song but it is also kind of depressing. Overall the sound is very conventional and occasionally malifluous.

Like I said before, the screaming singing is just like a metalcore band but with less growl and you can understand a lot of what they say. Although they are a christian band, the message isn't always positive which would appeal to all kinds of music lovers. The lyrics definately fit the style and in Sincerely, Ichabod, he sometimes sounds like Marilyn Manson which gives it a dark feel.

There really isn't anything like this on the planet which certainly makes it unique. An artist that closest compairs with Project 86 would probably be Korn because of their weird vocals and heavy guitar sound. Sincerely, Ichabod, My Will Be A Dead Man, and Doomsday Stomp are the standout tracks in my opinion. There is a lot to like about this album like the lyrics vocals and chunkiness. The one thing that doesn't stand out to me is the drumming. It has never occured to me to listen to the drumming. I would definately purchase this for a friend as a blind recommendation to anyone. I really hope P86 releases some videos.

kames
    just recently started getting into these guys and they keep getting better and better, can't believe I only found out about them recently