Songs To Burn Your Bridges By review by Project 86

• Released: Jun 1, 2004
Project 86: Songs To Burn Your Bridges By

If anybody here has ever listened to Project 86, then you know that this is an excellent christian (yes, 100% Christian) band with an awesome in-your-face metal/alternitive sound, intense and unique vocals, and tell-it-like-it-is lyrics with all sorts of twists and metephors. And if you've been keeping with the bands albums, you've preobably noticed that the sound with every album is a whole lot different. (Sometimes this is a good thing Drawing Black Lines or not such a good thing Truthless Heroes). This newest album titled "Songs to Burn Your Bridges By" has one of the most incredible sounds and effects the band has ever produced. They've kept their basic "tempos" as far as vocals, but the guitar tempo has changed a lot, utiliazing the benefit of having two guitarists. There's less vocal backup vocals, also allowing the guitarists to really focus on the sound. (Compare the song Me vs. Me from DBL & Spy Hunter from the new album). Their Guitar sound is a lot "chrunchier" with less overall reverb and echo, but still as hard as ever. If you wanna hear something new, then you sound put this at the top of your list. These guys freakin' rock!

Oh man. This is what really gets me excited about this album. The lyrics are freakin' awesome! The messege is really tell-like-it-is but they still use the metephors and "themes" ( the song Spy Hunter is a prime example.) And as far as the compliance w/lyrics and music goes, again, Project 86 does an awesome job of using themes to influence the sound of the song and the lyrics. It's something you have to hear for yourself. (Again, listen to Spy Hunter from the new album and you'll know what I'm talking about.) The lead singer really belts out the words in this album. He really puts the intensity in lyrics, adding a little more "accent" and showing the ups and downs of the song. This aspect of the band is the best part. He's truely the most distenctive sound of the band.

I am a true christian, and obviously I'm probably going to say it comes out on top. And that's what I'm going with. This band does come out on top, and I'm not just saying that. I can't really compare it to another band as far as sound because they're so original. They really are an awesome band, with an original and intense sound that defies the christian barriers. Christians can rock too, you know. So far from what I've listened to, "The Spy Hunter", "A Shadow On Me", and "Safe Haven" are the best 3 on the CD. I really love the honesty and apssion behind the lyrics, and new sound. But I felt like some of the songs were a little too overdone with the vocals. But that, luckily, was kept to a minimum. If my CD was stolen or lost, I would definetly buy it again. In fact, I think everyone should just go out and the CD right now!