Songs To Burn Your Bridges By review by Project 86

• Released: Jun 1, 2004
Project 86: Songs To Burn Your Bridges By

The sound of this album is very different from their previous albums. Randy's guitar's are the best I've heard and Steve is a very talented bassist. Sure, Alex isn't the most talented drummer, but it's enough to keep the album's intensity level up. Altogether, they have an unmistakeable sound. It pulls you in and you can't help but want to listen to it. I think that since they left Atlantic Records and started their own label, they weren't as pressured, so it came more easily. They were given the time to be creative. All in all I think it's their best work.

Andrew must have spent a lot of time with the lyrics. He's always reading books and thinking about the best things to write about. This album is no exception. He is at the top of his game with heartfelt and passionate screams. The lyrics are really quite clever. There isn't as much singing as Truthless Hero's, but Randy still sings good backing vocals on songs like "Safe Haven" and "A Shadow On Me". There is even multi-layering in some parts like in the verses to "Spy Hunter". I definately think he spent more time on this album than any of the others.

This is by far the best Project album. Since they didn't have any limit's or pressure's, they nailed it. The best songs are "Spy Hunter", "A Shadow On Me", "A Fruitless End Ever" and the last track "Solace". I love it's intesity and passion. It's all about them. They did it by themselves without a big record company and made a better album than they did with the record company. I would buy this alubm again and again. If it were stolen, I'd buy it again, then find the person who stole it and beat them up because they suck.