Truthless Heroes review by Project 86

• Released: Sep 24, 2002
Project 86: Truthless Heroes

Project 86 is one of the most underrated bands around in my opinion, and they have once again topped their previous album. Not to say that Project 86(self-titled) and Drawing Black Lines aren't amazing albums in their own right, but Truthless Heroes is far beyond their first two releases in both musicianship and songwriting. Project 86 seem to have abandoned most of the rapcore for Truthless Heroes and replaced it with some of the catchiest and most emotional music that I've heard in a while. Almost every song has an unforgettable chorus that will stick on your head for a long time. Even though some fans may be turned off by the somewhat slower and less "rapcore songs", I think that it is a great step in the musical career of Project 86. Each song also seems to have a completely unique sound from the other songs on the album which has caused this album to grow on me extremely quickly. There is not one weak song on this album in my opinion.

Truthless Heroes is a concept album that follows one person through their life and sheds light on the problems with the world that many people face in their life. "Team Black" is about how some people are almost helplessly attracted to mainstream music just because of its popularity. "Salem's Suburbs" is about how certain people in the world try to take control of your life and decide what your fate will be. Every song has a deep meaning which is conveyed perfectly through the songwriting of Andrew Schwab. The lyrics on this album are quite a few steps above those on previous releases.

I always find it hard to label project 86 with a certain genre. Truthless heroes is unlike any other cd that I've ever heard, and I think that is what makes it so great. These days when there are so many lame and generic bands that try to imitate each other, project 86 always comes up with something completely original, and Truthless Heroes is the greatest example of their originality. It is definately time for this band to get the recognition that they have always deserved.