Todays Empires, Tomorrows Ashes review by Propagandhi

• Released: Nov 7, 2000
Propagandhi: Todays Empires, Tomorrows Ashes

Propagandhi come back with their third album. The sound is just as it was in the albums. One of the highlights is the bass. The aquire a new bass player on this album, Todd The Rod. But adds a heavy bass sound, that wasn't exactly in the old albums. The guitar parts are also well done. Chris (the guitar player) still has his heavy, fast riffs still in his songs. So overall, the album has a well rounded sound, and it all works.

Like I said, how Todd was aquired as the bass player. The band also aquired him, as a screamer. You can hear him on F--k The Border, Ordinary..., New Home For Idle Hands, and March Of The Crabs. The lyrics are still political in all the songs. You can see that they don't have much humour in the lyrics, it's all business. The sing about all sorts of things, and lots of things to think about. But the lyrics are all well done. The band really believes in what they sing about too. So it puts an impact on you. Also, Chris' voice has gotten better from the past albums. I did enjoy enjoy Chris' old raw voice.

I would say that this is there best album. I never have to skip over tracks, because all of them are good. However they do have little sounds in front of some of the songs, which can be annoying when you just want to the songs. I have already gotten sick of them. If I had to choose my favourite songs I would choose; F--k The Border, Back To The Motor League, With Friends Like These Who The F--k Needs Cointelpro, and Purina Hall Of Fame. All the songs are good, but these I am enjoying the most right now. Purina Hall Of Fame has an excellent guitar solo at the end of the song to the end the album, which I thought was very well done. If the album was lost I would buy it again instantly. I would suggest this to anyone, even if you don't believe in their political views, they make good music.