Fortress review by Protest the Hero

• Released: Jan 29, 2008
Protest the Hero: Fortress

This is Protest The Hero's 2nd full length album. Even though they have only released two full length albums, they are a group capable of accomplishing to much. Everyone in the band has something unique to contribute, and they all succeed in doing it. The overall sound of this album is very heavy and dark, and very catchy. The riffs in this album played by Luke and Tim will be left in your head, and you will sing or hum to it forever. Possibly the best thing about the album are the counter melodies that Luke and Tim play. They will be rocking out to a song, and when they start to harmonize their parts, it sounds absolutely amazing.

The lyrics in this song are written by Arif the bassist, and he is a magician when it comes to words. The lyrics in the song have a very medieval feeling to it. The lyrics are very powerful and moving, and when Rody is singing the songs, it just seems to work. Now I'm not a very big fan of just listening to the lyrics, but they are very powerful in this album, and when it comes to writing lyrics, no one does is like Arif.

In all of my other reviews, I have never given an album a 10/10 as I feel that there is no such thing as a perfect album. This album although, in my opinion is perfect. The heavy/catchy guitars mixed in with the drums, then sprinkled in lyrics mix perfectly. The only downside to this album is that there are only 10 songs (11 if you count the hidden piano song on the album). I cannot wait until their next album. If this album were stolen/lost, I would have a mini heart attack, then go buy it again.

The Spoon
    Yo Soy Ironman wrote: No love for The Human Abstract??? They (were) just as techinical as PTH
    Midheaven was pretty bad. Also, technical does not equal good.