The Flesh Eating Rollerskate Holiday Joyride review by Psychostick

• Released: Sep 25, 2007
Psychostick: The Flesh Eating Rollerskate Holiday Joyride

A good death metal sound. Heavy guitars, fast paced drums, growling vocals, and amazing bass playing from Mike (Mike The Evil). It's a Christmas album of sorts, and one I would recommend buying. I've been looking forward to this release ever since I first heard their debut, "We Couldn't Think of a Title." If you like heavy/death metal, then this would be an album for you. I found the most enjoyable guitar riffs to be found on "Holiday Hate" and "Jolly Old Sadist."

The lyrics are meant to poke fun at Christmas time and the holidays. The lyrics work very well with the music, and they'll give you a good laugh. Mike and Josh were very creative in the production of this album, and the lyrics sound great. For a comedy metal band, you have to come up with good lyrics. What these guys have created are both serious and comedic at times, as found on songs such as "Holiday Hate" and "Happy F@&#ing New Year."

Psychostick have created another truly unique and great album. It is one well worth buying. The reason I give the overall impression an 8 is because of the albums one downside. For 8 tracks, there is only just above 18 minutes of music on it. Only 5 of the tracks are actual songs, and the other 3 are just intro fills. But I would still recommend it to any metal head who enjoys good music and needs a good laugh. The album was put together quite well. My personal favorite songs from this album are "Holiday Hate" and "Jingle Bell Metal." But all the tracks (that are actual songs) are great. Buy this album and their previous one "We Couldn't Think of a Title." You won't be disappointed.

Shredder Guitar
    wow that really is a short album. i like that song they have called "pluh" i think. its pretty funny
    thedarkest92
    i loved "we couldn't think of a title"... i haven't been able to find this album in stores yet