We Couldn't Think Of A Title Review

Psychostick: We Couldn't Think Of A Title
Release Date: Sep 12, 2006
Label: Rock Ridge Music
Genres: Comedy Rock, Indie Rock
A breath of fresh air has come to those who are tired of the typical angst and depression of most heavy rock and metal bands!
 9.3
 9.5
review (1) 14 comments vote for this album:
We Couldn't Think Of A Title Reviewed by: roarinflames, on january 05, 2007

Sound: Not exactly a well known band, their album just hit stores a few months ago. Pretty cool sound with a good share of heavy riffs. Not bad drum work, and bass is pretty good too. The guitar work isn't amazing but is catchy, at that. Overall it is a pretty much garage based sound that isn't bad for a band that actually sounds pretty good. Pretty fun live shows as well. the best guitar work, I would have to say is on Pluh!, for the catchiest riff ever. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are great and funny in a way similar to System of A Down. Funny topics are brought up such as beater cars, maniacal girlfriends, beer (absolutely amazing), and even scrotal itching. In my opinion I think the lyrics are perfect for the music. The singer isn't really a great singer but if he were replaced it wouldn't be the same or as great as it is. // 9

Overall Impression: It's rather difficult to compare this band to other artists since not many artists do this sort of thing. If you like catchy hard rock/metal songs you should check this album out. Some great songs on the album are Beer!, Two-Ton Paperweight, Pluh!, Fake My Own Death And Go Platinum, and ABCDeath. I got a copy by word of mouth so if it were lost or stolen I would definitely go buy the actual thing. Pretty great album, for a low budget effort. // 9

Comments