Famous review by Puddle of Mudd

• Released: Oct 9, 2007
Puddle of Mudd: Famous

The album was very good, it had puddle of mudd's original sound and had diversity with a combination of soft songs, power ballads, and just overall enjoyable songs. The first track Famous is a good opener about people who wanna be famous and imagine what it's like. Livin on borrowed time and It was faith are good songs with meaning for somethingsofter to listen to. My personal favorite Psycho is a strange song, but awesome nonetheless. We don't have to look back is my favorite of the slower songs on this album. The piano really brought out the sound of this song! The rest of the songs are good with some harder and slower. Merry go round and moonshine are good for listeners wuth a more harder taste.

Many of the lyrics have good meaning refering to relationships and such (ex. We don't have to look back now, it was faith etc). Some tell stories or fame and are just starnge (Famous and Psycho). The song moonshine compares a person to the joys of moonshine.

I would say this is a great follow-up to come clean. It has music for every type of listener of rock/alternative, from the grungienish of famous to the powerful lyrics of we don't have to look back now, every listener of rock/alternative will love this album.

MoshPitRock
    Who cares if he wants to be like Kurt Cobain? It's obviously his idol and main influence. Haven't you guys ever wanted to be like or maybe even be your idols?
    guitarboy34
    I'm surprised how negative these comments are of this band....they're definetely not mediocre- Listen to It was Fatih, Radiate,and the older Blurry and I think they have a good base...The harmonics that they do so often and Scantlin's voice are impressive to me...
    Deej811
    Who said any of us idolize him because he killed himself? You forget that there are a few of us who appreciated and respect him from before his suicide and loved the music he and Nirvana made. They aren't the most musically creative stuff compared to nowadays but we love the simplicity and the neat melodies he created, open your mind before you open your mouth just for the sake of being opiniated. Please!!!! get a F'n life dude! pioneered Grunge, Gimme a break. I had a band with a bunch of dudes when I was in jr. high and we sounded just like nirvana, shi**y and out of tune!!! If ya wanna look at pioneers, look up Heart, the doors or even queensryche. Alice in chains was pioneering grunge before Kurt was starin' at his shoes on stage and married that crack Ho! It was sad that he decided to end it the way he did but, the rest of the dudes in the band tuned up, took some zoloft and started kickin' ass under the name of Foo Fighters! The point of my rant is that nothing is truly new kids. Every artist is influenced by someone, that's how ya start. You don't buy a guitar and sit down writing your own songs. You learn how to play by learning other bands songs that you like. Then as you get better, you make your own stuff! The music is always about how you relate to it. You either dig it or you don't. It's supposed to touch a nerve or relate an experiance that maybe you had also. Gettin all wound up about it on some blog is a waste of time. I respect all opinions but, get out and make your own music. Hopefully, if your lucky, we'll get to hear your stuff on the radio and then a bunch of people can hack it apart on some meaningless blog but at least your makin music instead of just bitching about other peoples stuff! But, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong. ROCK ON DUDES!!!!!
    Deej811
    P.S. I am from the K.C. area and I think that they kick ass! It's always cool when a local bar band makes it big.
    KrisBcream
    Best album by them. Anyone who says Puddle of Mudd are Nirvana ripoffs judges books by there covers. Just because a band is influenced by another, doesn't mean they're ripoffs.
    fendercobain87
    puddle of mudd are nirvana ripp offers this album sucked it's ok if you like it but i lost my respect for them.