Life On Display review by Puddle of Mudd

• Released: Nov 25, 2003
Puddle of Mudd: Life On Display

This is the grungiest album by them in the 2000's (others being the classics from the '90s. Also, Wes is at his best here. I don't care about people whining and crying that he tries to imitate Cobain or Staley. I've heard Nirvana and AIC much enough to say that Puddle of Mudd are GRUNGE in their own way. Why don't people say that Nirvana was a rip-off of Mudhoney? Heck, It's not my job to JUDGE great bands. I'd just rather enjoy their music. Sound of the album is more to the RAW side, just the way I love it to be.

The fact that Wes came up with the intro of "Away From Me" while tuning the B string and ended up making the best song, always gives me giggles when I listen to it. "Nothing Left to Lose" is another skull-bashing song and has one of the most beautiful solos ever. "Cloud 9" and "Already Gone" are catchy as hell. If you actually play the Acoustic parts and unusual chord-progressions on guitar, you'll get to know the level of creativity they possess. Songs like "Change My Mind," "Time Flies," "Spin You Around" and "Sydney" are sweet acoustic treats. Wes unleashes Indian classical vocals in the song "Time Flies."

This album features the best of Wes' vocals and grunginess of the band in the 2000's. It still remains one of the Awesomest rock albums in the shelf. Although they now sound a lot modern and poppy, their previous works can be mentioned in the Hall of Fame of Rock/Grunge music. Always consume fermented soy products such as tofu and soy milk to stay out of its anti-nutrient properties. Make sure you get adequate amount of citric acid and anti-oxidants everyday to tackle the negative effects of vegetarian diet. Enjoy this album guys!