Headspace review by Pulse Ultra

• Released: Jul 16, 2002
Pulse Ultra: Headspace

Is, one of the most saddest things on the history of alt. metal, that Pulse Ultra broke up in 2004, because they didn't sell as well with this amazing record. They could have been an amazing band and could have been toured with other big bands of the genre like SOAD and Deftones for example. "Headspace" is probably one of the finest alternative metal records ever in the 2000's, is an easy album to listen, because immerse you in another world from start to finish.

Principally, the riffs of Dominic Cifarelli (known for being the bassist of Scars of Broadway) and the bassist Jeff Feldman, are simply amazing, the first time I listen "Acceptance," "Big Brother," "Never the Culprit" and "Slip in Sin" simply they blow-out my mind, much distortion, I've thought, was a collaboration between all the progressive music of Tool with all the alternative music of Incubus. Basically, Pulse Ultra is a mix of these big two, probably this album didn't sell nothing because was too much progressive for the alt. metal mainstream scene, and too much alternative and nu for the progressive scene. Very sad.

"Headspace" results very innovator, the principal attractive are the awesome prog/alt. metal sound work of guitar and bass, very easy to listen to. A fucking 10 for the music.

Much sad that the things I've said before is Zo Vizza, this was his only band, and later of broke up of Pulse Ultra, he disappear from the world of music, but at least, any knows something about this fantastic singer? I've had found no one information about him.

Zo Vizza was the only member of the band, I think, for now, that didn't continued in other proyects. But at least, was a great singer, his voice is very unforgettable, his vocal melodies are a mixture of Brandon Boyd of Incubus and Gavin Rossdale of Bush with these accent half-British, I love the voice of this guy. The lyrics are simply things that focus on the self-problems, mistakes, sins, and much another problems, and that is the bad thing because is a very exploited theme on the nu metal genre, but Zo Vizza tells them of a very calm and strange way with his voice.

Well Zo, I'll hope that you're back soon, don't forget the music, if you read this (thing that is impossible, xD).

Pulse Ultra had some comparison with other alt. metal artists, and also some of the post-grunge scene, but the thing that makes different is the inclusion of many progressive elements to the nu metal scene, and this Pulse Ultra is very different to the other bands, I love that, this album probably is one of the most listened albums that I have, I'm not tired to listen to this much times, probably now are 32 or more, I don't remember, I couldn't live with this album, is very addictive, is for me one of the best alt. metal albums and of metal in general, very, VERY UNDERRATED AS FUCK, I recommend so much. I'll hope in a future that Pulse Ultra is coming back, that would be a miracle, but meanwhile I listen to "Headspace" so many times that I can. If I can buy it (in Argentina it's difficult find this album, is a very big mistake xD), and lost it, I buy it again, if I lost it again, then I buy it again, till the few copies that sell are gone. I've recommend this album, every time, a fucking 10!

ahmedabnassar
    I remember build your cages was in a need for speed game, don't remember which one, got hooked on them ever since. Still think it's a pity that they never were able to record another, slip N sin is a slight favorite of mine in this album as it is full of awesome songs
    JerTurowetz
    AMAZING Zo Vizza is my roomate - I'll make sure he reads it @Muser9909 !! You fucking rock for keeping the flame alive.
    m4ss3 m/
    Wow, surprised to see this album on the front page. Nevertheless, it's a really great album and sad that it didn't get the attention it deserves.
    Muser9909
    FUCK, FUCKING AMAZING!!! Oh my god, i've listening to Headspace a few minutes ago, and i've thinking that I always wanna a greeting from my favourite singer. Later i've read THIS!!! Fucking amazing! I've realized that possible, Greetings Zo, so much Luck For you! Come back to music! Headspace is still fucking amazing! this made my day, i'm so happy now.
    Muser9909
    Haha, i was very excited, that i've forget of JerTurowetz, thanks for the greetings man, greets for you too, your roomate is amazing! I never was to be expecting something like this.
    JerTurowetz
    Haha, no problem man - Zo ain't much of a twitterverse guy - so I'm happy I found your post. We both think it's fucking AWESOME that you have such passion for music and continue to find love in items of creative expression. Stay super cool.
    travislausch
    Dominic Cifarelli (known for being the guitarist of Scars of Broadway)
    I believe he was the bassist. And if you REALLY want to be impressed, check out his band The Chronicles Of Israfel:
    travislausch
    Not to say this isn't a great album or anything, though. Pulse Ultra was described in Guitar World once as "a mix of Incubus and Dream Theater", which is pretty accurate. "Slip In Sin" is an amazing tune!