Punk-O-Rama, Vol. 10 review by Punk-O-Rama

• Released: Jun 7, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 4.3 Poor
Punk-O-Rama: Punk-O-Rama, Vol. 10

When I saw this CD on the shelf at the store, I decided I'd ad it to my collection because it was at a nice price. Upon listening to the CD, I realised why it was so cheap. The compilers of this CD have an apparent lack of musical taste, which shows in song selections such as 'I Need Drugs' by Some Girls, and 'Sun VS Moon' by Sage Francis. The title of the CD, 'Punk-O-Rama', I assumed meant that the CD was a compilation of punk songs. Although most of the songs are punk, Sun VS Moon would fit better into the rap category. Where as I Need Drugs doesn't even deserve to be classified as a song. Now that I've had my whinge I'll tell you what I do like. The CD contains numerous unreleased songs by respected punk bands such as Bad Religion, NOFX and The Offspring. Other artists of praise include Pennywise, Pulley and Rancid.

Let me give it to you straight. Of the 26 tracks, about 5 of them have a talented singer. The rest are horrible. From artists attempting to show their soul who just end up ruining the song, to people who should have had their tongues removed at birth to save the world from their voices. Most of the songs are well written, but the execution is lacking.

If you are looking for a compilation of punk songs, you'd be better off downloading off the internet. If you are looking for a new chew-toy for your dog, Punk-O-Rama 10, 9 is for you. The best songs are Surface Of Me (Bad Religion), Mission From God (The Offspring), Falling Down (Pennywise), No Fun In Fundamentalism (NOFX) and Bloodstain (Pulley). The worst songs are I Need Drugs (Some Girls), Shoot Me In The Smile (The Matches) and Sun VS Moon (Sage Francas). I could list more but I'd be here all day. If this CD was stolen I would have a party. Infact, if you want to steal this CD give me a call and I'll tell you where I live so you can take it.