A Night at the Opera review by Queen

• Released: Nov 18, 2005
Queen: A Night at the Opera

I love the music on this album. There are so many different genres and it never gets old. There are styles like jazz, classical, musicals, opera, hard rock, prog-rock, and many more. All the members are equal contributers. Freddie Mercury is probably one of the greatest songers in rock n roll. His vocal range is very wide and can switch around from beautiful singing to rough hardrock. He is also a very good piano player. The pianos in the album are excellent. Brian May is an awesome guitarist. Although there are small amounts of guitars in this album, the times there are guitars are really amazing. John Deacon is a very good bassist. His bass lines stand out when May doesn't play his guitars enough. Roger Taylor is a good drummer. He is also a very good vocalist. He was a better back up vocalist than Brian May and even sang a song by himself in the album.

The lyrics range from very good to somewhat okay. The songs are very overexaggerated but its okay because they dont really take themselves too seriously in rhis album. Some songs are very silly and make you laugh. The songs with really good lyrics are Bohemian Rhapsody, The Prophet's Song, and 39.

This is probably the most diverse Queen album. Some of the best songs include Death On Two Legs, YOu're My Best Friend, and Bohemian Rhapsody. I love that the music and lyrics are very good and the members all contribute equally. I guess that's what makes the album so diverse. What I hate is that its really short and some of the songs are only about 1 minute long. If it got lost, I would look for it. If it got stolen, I would go medieval on the person who stole it and if I lost, I'd just buy it again.