Greatest Hits I review by Queen

• Released: Sep 15, 1992
Queen: Greatest Hits I

How do you go about making a Greatest Hits album when the majority of the songs are hits? This is the problem Queen faced while producing this disc. With fan-favorites such as "We Will Rock You" to classics such as "I Want To Break Free," there is something in store for everybody and this is not being said loosely. Queen covered a multitude of genres. From soft to rocking, you'll find something you will cherish and love for a long time. Every single track is a party favorite. The only questionable is why "Bohemian Rhapsody" isn't present.

The lyrics are fantastic as usual. Nothing too deep and nothing too shallow, just the right kind of tone. Some songs even contain humor (Fat Bottomed Girls). Some bands feature lyrics that don't go well with the song and sometimes, the whole lyrical flow is just lost. Not with Queen, everything blends together in a soothing manner. It's like each of these songs was meant to be. Freddie Mercury is a genius when it comes to tone. He has perfect harmony with every instrument on every single track.

You might say that this could be the best Christmas or Birthday present and you may be right. Whether a person has been listening to Queen since their first album or has never even heard of them, they will be sure to fall in love with them. Queen is the kind of band you have a hard time hating. Each song is different in every sense of the word and variety is the key to their success.