Greatest Hits I review by Queen

• Released: Sep 15, 1992
Queen: Greatest Hits I

The awesomness of the CD leaves you speachless. I mean the songs are the best songs by Queen (the title says it all). It has some great guitar playing and the great choir like voices done by the whole band. There are a surprising riffs in the disc that you won't really expect from Queen. Like in "Fat Bottomed Girls" and "Now I'm Here" which are more heavy than you expect fron Queen. When talking about Queen, it's hard to not talk about the amazing solos done by Brian May with his Red Special and his Vox AC30. The best solos are (it was hard to pick the best 5): "Bohemian Rhapsody", "Killer Queen", "We Will Rock You", "Bicycle Race" and "Somebody To Love". These are all exceptional melodies. That's a 10.

The lyrics are exceptional, But the lyrics that Freddie Mercury (god rest his soul) wrote, most of them are about one thing... LOVE! He writes like this in: -Bohemian Rhapsody -Don't Stop Me Now -Crazy Little Thing Called Love -Somebody To Love -Good Old-fasioned Lover Boy All of the above talk about love, but it doesn't matter, these songs are the classic tune of 70s-80s rock.The voices are awesome! The band manages to make the great lead by Freddie Mercury and the backing by the rest of the band. In "Somebody To Love" the band does a contrast effect by repeating the word "somebody" once in a high angelic voice (done by Brian May and Roger Taylor) and once in a deep tenor voice (Freddie Mercury and John Deacon). Speaking of the angelic voices, it's hard to miss the high-pitch screams in "Flash" and "Seven Seas Of Rhye" and the high notes in the outro of "Somebody To Love". That would be a 10.

This CD was the first rock CD that I bought when I was 11 (I bought it that late because my dad has these old vinyl all from the 70s and I used to listen to them, I was practically raised in rock music) and it was a great investment in my allowance (#1 a week at the time) and I'm defenetly NOT sorry that I did it! This CD is all the fundamental base of the current rock, metal and pop artists. If you've never listened to Queen; do so! If you don't like Queen; you don't know real music! In one word: WOW!