Greatest Hits II review by Queen

• Released: Oct 30, 1991
Queen: Greatest Hits II

This album focuses on Queen's later work from the mid 80's to their final career days in the early 90's. The songs on this album were just as big as their earlier work which proves that Queen were a force to be reckoned with. Their trademark sound is still possible to find in some songs like "It's A Hard Life". Like Queen, almost every Rock N' Roll band in the 70's directed their sound to more of a Pop-Rock sound in the 80's and 90's.

The lyrics are lacking but the great sound is all that really matters. Freddie Mercury is still an amazing singer, Brian May is still an amazing guitarist, and the rest are all still amazing. Songs like "I'm Going Slightly Mad" always seem to put a smile on my face with it's quirky lyrics and tongue-in-cheek vocals. Songs like "Who Wants To Live Forever" always seems to do the opposite, bringing a tear to the eye. Whatever the lyrics may be about, they always tell a story.

It did compare with "Greatest Hits I" and "Greatest Hits III" and almost every other Queen compilation. The most impressiv songs have to be "Under Pressure", "Innuendo", "Who Wants To Live Forever", and "The Show Must Go On". I love that each compilation like this focuses on a certain era of the band's sound. I hate that the track list couldn't have been arranged chronologically to view the band's state of change. If it were stolen/lost, I would buy something else because this CD came with an entire box set. It is worth buying but don't be confused with other compilation albums. Queen will always remain superstar hitmakers no matter what era we're in.