Greatest Hits II review by Queen

• Released: Oct 30, 1991
Queen: Greatest Hits II

This album has some of the most memorable Queen songs and riffs, ever. Growing up when I was young, this CD was rarely played by my parents, but when they did play it, I loved it. I was hooked on songs like 'I Want To Break Free', 'A King Of Magic' and 'Innuendo'. In comparison to other Queen albums, this album has most of their hits from latter years with Mercury, as opposed to their older records. The album has 17 tracks, and lasts for a total of 1 hour 15 minutes and 57 seconds. The style of the songs varies a little, but the majority of them are pop-rock songs.

The lyrics, although catchy, are not quite as great as Queens older songs. While the theme of many songs is great, and Freddie Mercury's voice is amazing as always, the bare bone of the lyrics isn't quite good enough compared to older records. However, Mercury's voice makes up for this. The power and passion in his voice overpowers the parts of lyrics that are lacking.

Compared to the other two Greatest Hits albums, I'd say this is the superior album. The album contains a lot more well known songs, and the quality of the songs is a lot better than some of Queens other material. Four songs impressed me a lot. They are: I Want To Break Free, Innuendo, Hammer To Fall and A Kind Of Magic. All these songs have fantastic musical structure, and amazing singing skills. I'd definitely reccommend this album to any Queen fan.

AdamDK
    belavista man wrote: It's A Hard Life and Innuendo were on the UK version of the greatest hits, I don't know about the American version.
    Indeed they were.