Greatest Hits: We Will Rock You Edition review by Queen

• Released: Aug 17, 2004
Queen: Greatest Hits: We Will Rock You Edition

Queen's signature sound is fantastic, I'll give them that. The skilled piano work, the talented guitars, John Deacon's bass riffs, and the beats are all excellent. And let's not forget Freddie Mercury, who pretty well made Queen with his unique voice. I can listen to every single song on this CD and not get bored at all. Queen is probably the only band that is like that for me.

Freddie Mercury is the greatest vocalist of all time. He can hit high notes, low notes, screech out loudly like Robert Plant, only better, or sing softly and quietly like only he can. The lyrics are often very satirical, though more than occasionally heartfelt, which makes me love this band even more. With all other bands playing music only about girls and how crappy their lives are, it is always a welcome change. The lyrics on "Fat Bottomed Girls" crack me up every time I listen. Queen's vocals are absolutely phenomenal.

The only thing about this CD is that it has a few songs that I can remember the sound of though not the names, and I would have liked to see them on there. However, with Bohemian Rhapsody on it, you can't go wrong. An excellent live version of Under Pressure is on it for those of you who don't know, that is the song that Vanilla Ice ripped off to make his one and only hit, "Ice, Ice Baby." I would definately buy this CD again, as it has all my favourite Queen tracks, though I'm sure I could buy any other album as well, due to the fact that I have never encountered a Queen track that I have absolutely hated. Well done Queen, you are magnificent, although as I said, "Greatest Hits" packages never have all the songs you could possibly want.