Innuendo review by Queen

• Released: Feb 5, 1991
Queen: Innuendo

The most intense Queen album out there! Freddie Mercury was going to die with in a matter of months and he knew it. It really shows especially on Innuendo and The Show Must Go On!

01. Innuendo - the most diverse Queen song out there. Starts out with a military feel then brings it into a slow but mysterious section, hits it off with classical Spanish guitar playing drops to a massive choir led by Mr. Mercury, then May brings in the distortion with guitars all around you and a wild guitar solo, hits with the military feel and the lyrics just challenge everything we know as humans. Very epic and no wonder it was a number one single. Excellent work! 02. I'm Going Slightly Mad - an absurd but meaningfull song with tounge in cheek humor that Queen were known for (remember the "I Want To Break Free" video?" dark but light at the same time. Very nice. 03. Headlong - a rocker with a slight pop feel. Very much a song about rushing headlong into whatever is coming at you. Well put together. 04. I Can't Live With You - this has both weak points and strong points but the stronger prevail and make the song good. It's about loving somebody but not being able to stand living with them. Good over all. 05. Don't Try So Hard - in intense song that shows the vocal range of Freddie Mercury in a diffrent way then before. With his high and graceful vocals to his deep rich vocals, almost all ove his range can be heard. 06. Ride The Wild Wind - very diffrent then most Queen songs, but still one of my favorites. Very heavy drum sounds and awesome guitar solos as well as the participation of a "make due" choir as only three members sang in Queen (Freddie, Brian May and Roger Taylor)that make this album so great. 07. All God's People - does not mention any religion or faith but makes it seem as if it ment for your beleifs. Has a very cool african safari feel then drops to a blues feel (which did originate in africa) then to a glamorous ending. Very gooad and another of my favorites. 08. These Are The Days Of Our Lives - very touching ballad with a more touching video as you can see Freddie's health was failing, but he carried on professionly. The video is also the last known footage of Freddie. Excellent song. 09. Delilah - the Queen song I cannot stand the most. Lyric and vocals are weak but it has in awesome guitar solo in it and displays May's ability to make his guitar growl and Purr. 10. The Hitman - Queen's heaveyist song. It displays awesong guitar riffs and a nice solo as well as Freddies hard rock vocals. Very good rocker! 11. Bijou - an awesome song. This displays May's ability to transform his guitar into something else. The whole song is basicaly guitar with the exception of 4 lines of lyrics and a keyboard background during the vocals. The best sounding guitar tone period. 12. The Show Must Go On- my favorite Queen song as Freddie really seems to pur his heart in to it. It gives me goose bumps everytime I hear it. It's just wow!

This is the best album ever made. Screw Led Zep and the Beatles. Buy this album!

Quark113
    ^ I buy Pink Floyd LOL...Only because the Jacka**es at Best Buy didn't have this...
    Quark113
    Oh, and BTW, I dunno who's wronger, you guys or the GH 2 liner notes...they say that These Are The Days of Our Lives was on The Miracle and The Show Must Go On was on...[rummages around in backpack looking for them] um... um... [he finally gives up] Oh, who cares what it was on, but it was not on Innuendo [he gives one last try and finds them] Oh, here they are! Um...lessee...Oh, no you're right, it is on Innuendo! BTW, why doesn't thespellcheckerontheposta commentthing count lessee as wrong yet it counts spellchecker and thespellcheckerontheposta commentthing as wrong?
    RAGman22ReborN
    This album was another personal favorite. It shows that even in the darkest hour, Mercury still knew how to kick butt--as did the rest of the band. I enjoyed Innuendo, I'm going slightly Mad, Don't Try so Hard, These are the Days of our lives, Hitman and the show must go On. RIP Mercury...RIP