Live At Wembley Stadium review by Queen

• Released: Aug 19, 2003
Queen: Live At Wembley Stadium

I would like to start by saying the sound was awesome! Brian May: this was when Brian, and the rest of Queen for that matter, was at his peak. His performance was breath-taking, from the crashing intro of "One Vision," to the riff-o-rama of "Another One Bites The Dust" (the second disc has a better version" to the twelve minute epic "Brighton Rock Solo," which in my opinion, knocks the living shit out of any shredder solo, except for "Eruption." He also presents a great lick at 2:27 in "Under Pressure," and in "Bohemian Rhapsody" after the choir bridge. John Deacon: John brings every bass line in his arsenal to the table, including the Vanilla-Ice stolen bass line in "Under Pressure" to the thundering bass explosion in "Another One Bites The Dust," in which he goes into a sort of slap bass thing that is quite interesting. Roger Taylor: Roger keeps the tempo really well with various drum solo parts that I found quite good. His backing vocals are also quite interesting, but also dissapointed that the others didn't contribute on backing vocals as much as he did. I was also quite impressed with their contributing artist, who played piano ("Crazy Little Thing Called Love," "Under Pressure," "Now I'm Here"), synth ("One Vision," "A Kind Of Magic," "Radio Ga Ga") and rhythm guitar ("Hammer To Fall").

Freddie is at his best during this concert. His performance is just breath-taking, and you are really able to tell that he was passionate about what he was doing. His skills were just amazing, reaching high notes and low notes really good. His vocal battle with the crowd at the end of "A Kind Of Magic" is as good as it is funny. He also has an interesting improv part on "Impromptu."

This definitely among my favorite albums. I always judge bands by their live performances, and Queen made it into my Top Ten (which isn't really hard for them). There is nothing to hate about this album, although I did like their cover section a lot, in which they cover an Elvis song and Little Richard's "Tutti Frutti." If you are new to Queen or a long-time fan, this is a great album to buy.