The Game review by Queen

• Released: Jun 30, 1980
Queen: The Game

Freddie sound as good as always, so do the music.

There is not one single bad track on here, literally. Every song on here is a smash in it's own right. It features funk (i.e. "Another One Bites The Dust"), The Elvis-like, "Crazy Little Thing Called Love", and hard rock ballads like "Save Me". "Play The Game", and "Save Me" are at their usual greatness. But there are 3 other tracks that need to be recognized also: "I Need Your Loving Tonight", is fabulous. Freddie's vocals are terrific, the choiral vocals are incredible, and the song flat out rocks. John Deacon actually wrote that song. "Prime Jive (Rock It)", another song that I don't hear to many people talking about. This time the credit goes to Roger Taylor, who wrote the song. 80's music never sounded better than this. and last but not least, "Sail Away, Sweet Sister" written by Brian May is a beautiful ballad. Overall, fabulous album, not to be overlooked by fans of Quenn's earlier material.

As a hard-core Queen fan, I love All of their albums, but for a new fan, or someone who's not yet very well acquainted with Queen's work, I find The Game to be an excellent.