The Miracle review by Queen

• Released: Jun 6, 1989
Queen: The Miracle

The Miracle packs quite a sonic punch, recalling the rich sounds of their past classics (1976's A Day at the Races, etc.). Split 50/50 between pop ("Breakthru," "The Invisible Man," "Rain Must Fall") and heavy rock (the aforementioned "I Want It All," "Khashoggi's Ship," "Was It All Worth It"), the album was another global smash, even re-establishing the band stateside (going Top 30 and attaining gold status). Great sound!

Lyrically, the songs tend to reflect on the band's past accomplishments ("Khashoggi's Ship," "Was It All Worth It") as well as the state of the world in the late '80s (the title track, "I Want It All").

Following their massive 1986 European stadium tour for the A Kind of Magic album, Queen took an extended break. Rumors swirled about an impending break-up, but it turned out the break was brought on by a painful marital divorce for guitarist Brian May (who subsequently battled depression and contemplated suicide), and Freddie Mercury being diagnosed with AIDS. Instead of sinking further into misery, the band regrouped, worked on each other's mental state, and recorded one of their most inspired albums, 1989's The Miracle.

RAGman22ReborN
    I enjoyed this album and it was the one that got me into Queen to begin with. My fav songs here were Invisible Man, Was it all Worth It and I Want It All. I enjoyed the solos, the soaring vocals of the late Freddy Mercury and the overall teamwork.
    mercury23
    This is definitely my Favourite Queen Album. The tracks are definitely the best overall on any Queen Album. My Favourite's are: "I Want It All", "Scandal", "Khashoggi's Ship", and "Breakthru". It's a great album.