The Platinum Collection Review

artist: Queen date: 09/25/2005 category: compact discs
Queen: The Platinum Collection
Released: Sep 24, 2002
Label: Hollywood Records
If you're new to Queen and you're planning on getting the Platinum collection, you won't be dissapointed.
 7.1
 7.7
 6.4
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
The Platinum Collection Reviewed by: AMERICAN PRICK, on september 25, 2005

Sound: Queen were the glam rock greats of the '70s and '80s, they were excepted by the general public, not just us die-hard rockers that sit all day listening and tabbing by ear every song our favourite band has done; our is that just me? This album is a collection of all the previous greatest hits albums that have been released. It is the culmination of Queen's greatest works such as Bohemian Rhapsody, Another One Bites The Dust, Will Rock You, and many more great songs. This album sounds great it brings together all Queen's sound and techniques from May's guitar to an orchestra. However there are some tracks I don't think they should have put on again for example save me and you're my best friend which I don't like but hey that's just me. // 8

Lyrics: This is a compilation of Queen's greatest hits so as you would expect the lyrics are awesome and Freddie sound great there are other artists such as Bowie, Elton john and George Michael, these are covers that they did of Queen's song after Freddie's death most of these artists were Freddie's friends. // 7

Overall Impression: This is a good album for new fans of queen to buy it will encourage you to listen to more of their music. Their is a great booklet that comes with it, it has original album covers and info about the band and its music, which I love. The best tracks on the collection are Bohemian Rhapsody, Another One Bites The Dust, We Will Rock You, We Are the Champions, Crazy Little Thing Called Love and hell almost the rest of the album. There is much more to this collection than say Zeppelin's early days and later days because it has some of the tracks sang by other artists and some by Freddie and Brian may alone. // 8

Comments