We Will Rock You [DVD] review by Queen

• Released: Oct 30, 2001
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 10
Queen: We Will Rock You [DVD]

Queen We Will Rock You: Live In Montreal 1981. Queen's performance at the Montreal Forum in front of 20,000 screaming fans. The band did a great job at this show. Their sound was absolutely amazing, and their setlist was well chosen, including their hits like: we will rock you, bohemian rhapsody, another one bites the dust, under pressure, can anybody find me somebody to love, and a lot more.

Content — 9
The guys did their greatest hits up to that point in time (1981). The show itself is of Queen's performance at Montreal's famous Forum hockey arena. All the great rock bands of the time played there. They opened the show with an interesting arrangement of "We Will Rock You"; completely different from the album verison. They played all of my favorite songs aswell as a few I hadn't heard before. The DVD itself was remastered in THX, so there is a THX soundcheck feature on the DVD.

Production Quality — 10
The production quality was absolutely amazing. For something filmed in the early 80's, the video quality is absolutely amazing. Better than U2 Zoo TV, or AC/DC: Live at Donington, which were filmed 10 years after this one. The DVD includes stereo sound, Dolby Surround, as well as DTS, and even a director's commentary track, something I haven't seen on any other concert DVD's.

I think the quality of this DVD lives up to the reputation that Queen had. Every part of the show was top notch. Even the crowd was quite enthusiastic. I remember reading an article on the internet somewhere saying that the crowd was so loud that the band couldn't even hear their own monitors! The sound is brilliant, the band was brilliant, I can't really think of something that wasn't! Definitely worth taking a look at, not terribly expensive either.