Era Vulgaris review by Queens of the Stone Age

• Released: Jun 12, 2007
Queens of the Stone Age: Era Vulgaris

The guitar riffs are as awesome as ever. They provide a variety of different moods and tones, and is very fun to go through the album over and over. The distortion is just right, not too much or too little, and each song has its own unique flavor from fast-paced 3's and 7's to slow, mellow Suture Up Your Future.

The lyrics are very catchy and interesting. They contribute to the mood of the music, which Queens frequently does. They are very clever at times, especially in songs including I'm Designer and Misfit Love. Josh Homme does very well singing as always. Overall, the lyrics are very well done and fun to sing along to.

This is a great Queens album. I would not say it's their best, simply because they all are amazing. The tracks that stick out to me are Turnin on the Screw, Sick Sick Sick, Misfit Love, and 3's and 7's. They are all really fun to listen to and each is unique. Some songs I don't care for are Make it Wit Chu, because they've already released a copy of it, and Run Pig Run. That's just my opinion though. If I lost it I wouldn't have to buy it again because it is on my Itunes, but if it weren't for that I would definitely have to buy it again. A must have.

areese82
    I've seen them live and i've got all their albums but the first one, which i've heard kicks azz. Era Vulgaris rocks! QOTSA rule
    Limey
    Superb album, and I'm a britpop man. Has anyone else got the 12-track album? 'The Fun Machine Took A Sh*t And Died' is absolutely amazing! French copy of the album. There's also a 13-track edition.