Era Vulgaris review by Queens of the Stone Age

• Released: Jun 12, 2007
Queens of the Stone Age: Era Vulgaris

The sound for this album is true Queens of the Stone Age. Ranging from heavy Metallica like rhythms to the playful sound of Lynyrd Skynyrd This must be one of Queens of the Stone Age's best albums yet. So far I've heard some people complain about whether to get this album or not after all isn't the Queens of the Stone Age sound getting a bit old. I can assure you this album is very different compared to the others. "Lullabies to Paralyse" has a blues theme, "Songs for the deaf" has a heavy metal theme and "Rated R" has a melodic metal theme. Like the others this is very different and because of this people will have very mixed views. All I can say is anyone who's looking for good solid album with a range of great songs definitely consider buying this album.

Queens of the Stone Age Lyrics are very much the same as always. However do not let this put you off because like the sound there is a good range of quality. I will say the lyrics are more like the one that were written for songs for the "songs for the deaf" Album. I would write more about these lyrics but I'm more of music man.

Another good solid album under Queens of the Stone Age's belt and another one that you can be assured you will like listing to. However like I said before I will say that some people will consider this the best album and some people will consider it the worst; it all depends on what Queens of the Stone Age style you prefer. To me this is probably there best album up to date and I'd would happily say "I can't wait for there next album to come out!"

derytki
    great riffs and guitar solos that reach out and grab you by the balls instrumentally it is a very good album i want to figure out how to play these songs but aside from "3's and 7's" i can't really say that any of the songs lived up to my expectations
    xaviergray
    Turnin' On The Screw is practically digital laxative... Frankly this whole album is. I'm starting to wonder if Josh released Sick Sick Sick as the lead single (which many people don't like) to make the rest of the album seem like a sonic blowjob (i mean that in a good way).