Lullabies to Paralyze review by Queens of the Stone Age

• Released: Mar 23, 2005
Queens of the Stone Age: Lullabies to Paralyze

In this album the band is sounding very cool(even without Nick Olivieri) and you can feel quite a differnece in this album because almost all the members of the group have changed since the last album.(like always). It has pretty distinct tracks, what make me feel like they don't fit in the same album, but who cares? They are all great songs! I just didn't get why such a creative musician like Josh Homme does so repetitive songs!

The lyrics in this album are very distinct, as the sound, you can notice if you listen ''Burn The Witch'' and compare with ''Little Sister'' you will notice that they are very different even if you look in the deeper inspiration for the lyrics, but the good part is that all the lyrics fit perfectly with the songs.

Comparing to the others QOTSA albums, I think this one is the best of them all because they made a very good and original sound, like always, but improved.About the songs, my personal favorites are ''burn the witch''(never heard anything alike), ''Little Sister''and '' medication''(never something so simple was so cool). The only thing I don't like in this album is that could be better finished(just my personal opinion, ok? ). And that clich ''If it were stolen, I would buy it again.'' I will answer in a different way: This baby was never gonna be stolen because I would protect it with my life! And I will never lose this album, because I take it with me anywhere I go! (seriously!)

ordinary_story
    This is album is pretty good... In My Head has to be the best song by them...its just so fresh and different! also I Never Came is a beaut!
    soapalot
    I'm listening to this album on a dreary Autumn day, twelve years after it's release. It's such a sexy album. They've done sexy tunes before and since this record but none of them have dripped so effortlessly and genuinely with the sultry, dark vibe that every tune on this one does. It's a walk through a gloomy wood inhabited by monsters; they want to eat you but they'll charm you first with their sinister sexuality. Listening to this album is like being drawn in by sirens, not perched on rocks at sea but lurking in trees in a haunted wood.