Over The Years And Through The Woods [DVD] review by Queens of the Stone Age

• Released: Nov 22, 2005
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 8
Queens of the Stone Age: Over The Years And Through The Woods [DVD]

Queens Of The Stone Age have finally released a concert DVD/CD. I am a huge QOTSA fan and I am not disappointed at all by this DVD. It's great, the sound quality is magnificent and the visual is good. It switches between 2 concerts and the video on one isn't the greatest, because it's very grainy. This is made up by the pure awesome of the songs. You will hear Homme make refrences to the times he couldn't do the show because of a sickness he had. This caused one of the shows to be cancelled, but he returns and rocks the place out, so it's all good. QOTSA's music style is very hard to classify because they cover so many genres. It's great to hear some of your favorites songs with a new twist on them.

Content — 10
This DVD has a ton of songs. It clocks in at about 2 hours for the main concert and has special features showcasing some songs from all of their albums. The set list covers all of your favorites: No One Knows, Mexicola, Song For The Dead, and some songs from the Desert Sessions such as I Wanna Make It Wit Chu. These songs are all preformed wonderfully, with a few mistakes, but nothing major. I'm fully satisfied.

Production Quality — 8
The production quality on it is good, except for the afore mentioned grainy picture. I don't know anything about production tricks so I couldn't tell you if they were used or if they were trendy.

This is a must own for any QotSA fan. If you don't buy it, you're doing a great injustice to QOTSA. The most impressive thing about this DVD is the way they put new spins on your favorite songs. Take No One Knows for example, they throw in an orgasmic solo in the middle of it, and then build upon it, it's great. I love this DVD and if it were stolen, I'd buy it again. I'd probably buy an extra one in case someone decids they want to steal my new copy. I really can't get enough of this DVD.

gtr-boy
    i have this DVD and i did not enjoy it at all queens of the stone age's songs sound all teh same execpt for there few hits