Rated R review by Queens of the Stone Age

• Released: Aug 3, 2010
Queens of the Stone Age: Rated R

The sound of this album is, in my oppinion, the best of all the QOTSA CD's. It goes from loud, obnoxious metal to their regular desert rock sound. Josh Homme is a genius on the guitar, and Nick Oliveri is a good bassist.

The lyrics are pure brilliance. Some sing about sex. Most sing about drugs, but listening to these songs is like going on an adventure. The lyrics flow perfectly with the music. Josh Homme is an awesome singer, and Nick Oliveri knows how to be angry. It flows very well.

Queens of the Stone Age are a hard band to compare to others. They have their very own distinct sound. The best songs on the album would have to be "In The Fade" and "I Think I Lost My Headache." This CD is just a great CD. I never skip any songs while listening to it. If this CD was stolen, I wouldn't buy it again. I would find out who took it and I would take it back, maybe leaving him dead behind, just because this CD is so great.

jjh5
    Does anyone else think the song Auto Pilot is amazing? The lead guitar fills go perfectly with the song and the vocals are perfect for song about getting stoned.
    con job
    this album is sooooo weird these guys are masters at wat they do one of the greatest rock bands of all time
    w00tang
    Auto pilot > all man, freakin rocks, the beat just vibes its way into your head, its perfect