Rated R review by Queens of the Stone Age

• Released: Jun 6, 2000
Queens of the Stone Age: Rated R

Well I bought this CD two weeks ago and I have listened to it none stop. It's one those cds where it sounds amazing crusing down the highway blasting it. Well the Queens are labeled as stoner metal and I never heard any other stoner metal bands so I can't really tell you how they stack up against the other members of thier class but from all the bands that are out there today they are pretty good. The guitar is nice and low but not in your face like heavy metal, kinda laid back and smooth like the guitar is auctually stoned. The bass is nice and strays from the play along with the guitar that so many bands do. The drums are average most of the time but in some songs (In the Fade) they are flat out amazing. You would not notice it at first listen but if you listen a couple times you hear some wierd instruments. I don't know what they. But all in all the sound was pretty impressive.

The lyrics are very fitting to the music. The writer or writers have a style that you'll either love or hate. I loved it. I love how the lyrics fit with the music so well. I would tell you what I think some of the songs mean but they are just my opinions and the lyrics are so out their people will probably find thier own meanings to the songs.

I think the Queens of The Stone Age are a shining hope that rock is not dead as so many claim it to be. This band is basically fueled by three things, drugs, sex, drugs. I personally think their better than any of those bands you see on tv or hear on the radio. The most impressive songs on the album to me were In the Fade, Auto Pilot, Monsters in the Parasol, lightning song. I love how laid back the singers are and to be honest don't really hate anything about it. If it were stolen I would buy it back. But be sure to pick this one up, you wont be disapointed.