Songs for the Deaf review by Queens of the Stone Age

• Released: Aug 26, 2002
Queens of the Stone Age: Songs for the Deaf

This CD has one of the greastest sound I've heard in a long time. With the hate themed "Six Shooter" or the more mellow "No One Knows", with the most memorable riff I've ever heard, you are going to find something you like. If you've heard any other Queens of the Stone Age albums, you would realize how much they have come from they're first album.

Switching Mark Lanegan to the new lead singer is a good move on Queens of the Stone Age's part and mixed with bassist Olivieri it blends together perfectly. Josh Homme is a great songwriter and it shows in such songs as "Gonna Leave You" and "No One Knows".

This CD is a must own! It's as simple that. It is a great improvement since they're first album. I was most impressed by "No One Knows", "Go With the Flow" and "Do it Again". I love everything about this CD, and so far it is my favorite CD in my collection. It even beat "Darkside of the Moon" by Pink Floyd! If it was stolen, I would find out who did it track them down, beat them, and if there was a single scratch on it, beat them again. It's just that good!