Songs for the Deaf review by Queens of the Stone Age

• Released: Aug 26, 2002
Queens of the Stone Age: Songs for the Deaf

What an amazing album. This is the type of album that makes band like QOTSA musch more poplar and famous than ever before. Unfortunately, Josh&co have chosen themselves a shite band name (top marks for individuality, but no still a shite choice), which will at first put most potential music fans off. What I guess first drew a number of new fans to this band was the incredible single No One Knows. And with tracks like that, they should continue to amaze fans.

After following up the good, but over rated (it was the last one that I bought, after songs, lullabies, and era, and quite frankly it wasn't worth 10) Rated R, one of the Queens' strongest points is their ability concerning lyrics and vocals. Although Josh is the lead vocalist on this album (or any QOTSA album) bassist Nick sings on Millionaire and Six Shooter and rythem guitarist Mark sing on Hanging Tree and A Song For The Dead and A Song For The Deaf, and their vocal talents are perfectly suited for those songs.

Personally, this is my all time favrote album, and I would recomend it to all those who, in the 6 yoears that it has been out, bought a copy. The video for No One Knows is one of the best, and go with the flow can lift my mood at any time. The best songs on this album were: Millionaire, No One Knows, A Song For The Dead, Sky Is Falling, Hanging Tree, Go With The Flow, and A Song For The Dead. Probably the best bit of this incredible album is either: guitar solos, the rytyems of tracks like hanging tree, Dave Grohl's amazing drumming and the radio clips inbetween most songs, especially after track 5. If this album was stolen, I would deffinately buy it again (even though I alredy have it on windows media player, yes, it's that good).

CSoup369
    You can listen to this album 5 billion times because every track is unique and at the same time amazing
    70'sdude
    Foolish_boy wrote: Definately in my top three albums of all time, song for the dead is my preffered song on this album.
    hell yes, dave grohl's drumming on song for the dead is the most badass srumming ive heard ina long time. the great thing about this album is the simplicity of grohl's drumming. adn i love the way QOTSA bring out the drums. in a lot of toher bands, the drums are jsut backup for the guitar riff. this is a BAND, everything fits together, and SFTD is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Buy it. Now.
    Matetz
    As good as the first eight songs from Lullabies. But much better in its entirety.