Songs for the Deaf review by Queens of the Stone Age

• Released: Aug 26, 2002
Queens of the Stone Age: Songs for the Deaf

I was pretty new to Queens of teh Stone Age and now I'm hooked on them. Every single song is lovable in there own way No one knows is one Fantastic riff, first it giveth is another song that you'll get hooked onto, a song for the dead is definatly one for expreimental rock lovers, the sky is fallin shows us the more effects of there guitars and shows how well Josh's voices flows with the music. Go with the flow is as catchy as it's name, gonna leave you is very cool to listen to, To be honest every single song grabs different parts of your mind especially mosquito song in my U.K version there are two live performances which are great to listen to as well.

I've never really paid attention to the lyrics but again in this album we get three different singers and lyricists Nick is mroe heavier, Josh is mroe melodic and Mark lets the music talk more. But if you pay ttention to the lyrics there are some nice melodies to it and they fit perfectly with the music.

This album will have you hooked, I love every single song on the album except six shooter, I got this album from HMV for 4! So I basically got 16 hard rockin songs at such a cheap price so I was chuffed, although I was hoping for the lyrics to be written somwhee but it's no big deal and yes if I lost it I would go back and buy it. For anyone into hard rock or addictive riffs with three different kinds of singers then buy this!

Banti
    That last review sucks big time. Everything he says is just wrong XD
    thedevil
    This album got me into QOTSA, particularly Song For The Dead. Dave Grohl is a God! and that's coming from an Athiest! lol