American Soldier review by Queensrÿche

• Released: Mar 31, 2009
Queensrÿche: American Soldier

Queensryche is one of my favorite bands, and this is my second favorite album they have made (Empire is first). My family has had many people in the military, and this is a great tribute to those fighting men and women who do America's real work. The band's sound is slightly heavier on this album, which I find appealing. The songs are both artistic and entertaining at the same, and I enjoyed every one of the songs.

The lyrics are very deep and show the pain and strife these soldiers go through. The lyrics fit perfectly with the music and make a fantastic combination, very pleasant to my ears. Geoff Tate has to be one of the greatest vocalists in the music industry, his voice has a fantastic range that sends chills down my spine every time I listen to it.

American Soldier and Operation: Mindcrime I & II are about equal in quality to me, but the theme of American Soldier makes it something better overall. The one song I enjoyed most was At 30,000 ft. the lyrics just explain how these guys in their huge bombers actually feel (well, I don't actually know how they feel, its just how I imagined they feel) the song is amazing with Geoff Tate's vocals singing while you hear the line "I'm above it in the air" in the background. I love the fact that they use the actual voices of soldiers to narrate what the theme of the songs are, and there is absolutely nothing I can find bad about this album besides the fact that DeGarmo isn't playing any amazing solos. If I lost this album I would definitely buy it again.

thrashmonkey
    Shockme77 wrote: Its obviously the reviewer hasnt had any military experience either, because if he actually took the time to listen to the lyrics you would find the songs also refer to Somalia and Vietnam, not just Iraq. Its also not about catchy music, its all about capturing the moment and telling a story, which i believe american soldier does very well
    I saw them live on tour supporting this album and when they played songs from it, they conveyed their point perfectly
    thebigredjj10
    This was a great album. More in the progressive rock category than metal, but that doesn't matter. Good lyrics and vocals, good songs.