Don't Back Down Review

Queers: Don't Back Down
Release Date: Aug 27, 1996
Label: Lookout
Genres: Punk Revival
On Don't Back Down the rip-roaring punk songs with no melody are more than counterbalanced by the many mind-blowingly catchy songs.
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Don't Back Down Reviewed by: AxlRose54, on march 17, 2006

Sound: The first time I heard The Queers, I was reminded of the Ramones. They're the classic punk rock band of the '90s, and Don't Back Down is one of their best albums. Now I'll admit that they don't have much creativity, but the songs can become addicting and overall it's a pretty good album. I know a lot of people might not have heard of this band. Think a mix between Ramones and Green Day. // 7

Lyrics: As with most punk rock bands, the lyrics to The Queers' songs aren't exactly very creative. If you're someone who prefers lyrics over sound, you might like "I Always knew" or "Sidewalk Surfin Girl" over the rest of the songs on the album. // 6

Overall Impression: Let's face it: without The Ramones, there would be no Queers. A lot of the songs on the album sound the same, but my favorite are: Another Girl (nice solo), Punk Rock Girls and No Tit. Very addicting album, buy it if you don't already have it. Queers' influences include Ramones, Bad Brains, The CLash, and Green Day. // 8

Comments