Monster review by R.E.M.

• Released: Sep 27, 1994
R.E.M.: Monster

What more can say about this fantastic band that hasn't already been said before? Another great album from REM, with very much the same sound as previous albums. I'm not complaining though. But, there are some down-points as with most albums. Not as many songs seemed to attract my attention as with other albums of theirs.

Wierd and wonderful lyrics from REM once again. But it is hard to relate to the lyrics with everyday life because of the complexities of them. I have troubled understanding what some of them are about. But you can tell that they mean something to someone, and that a lot of effort has been put in to the songs as usual, although as I have said before, not as many songs caught my attention as did with other albums. The singer once again has a fantastic voice, and has very much stayed the same style, which is not a disappointment.

I really enjoyed this album, although there are not as many potential hits on it, and not as many "memorable" songs. Some very nice work though, and some classic REM sounds and styles. I really enjoyed this, but it isn't their best to be honest. A great album though.

Svektaal
    Not one of the best R.E.M. albums by my opinion but the fast hard rock compares ony to pre 1990 R.E.M. and is a unique album. =)
    GoToSleep
    I think it's a really good record with some strong memorable songs. Kenneth, King of Comedy, I don't sleep, I dream, star 69, Tongue, You. What do you people expect, it's good stuff.
    Svektaal
    If you are interested in this album then also check out Bad Day, Animal and Is This The End Of The World As We Know It. They fit the genre of the heavy rock sound that R.E.M. went for with this album.