Perfect Square [DVD] review by R.E.M.

• Released: Mar 16, 2004
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 8
R.E.M.: Perfect Square [DVD]

Michael Stipes great vocals accompanied by an amazing array of guitar tunes make this a great show to watch and even to listen to. This is a great piece of REM history and I dont even like REM that much! If you're thinking of getting into them or if you're an REM veteran then this is a classic rendetion of all there high points.

Content — 9
It includes loads of songs from the band's history including the classic crowdpleasers: Losing My Religion, Everybody Hurts and Electrolite. The DVD has no extra features but the perfromance more than makes up for it. Michael Stipes cool look and seeing him and the band playing there hearts out is such a great experience! And I bought this DVD for my mom. I nearly enjoyed it more than she did. An amazing and energetic performance.

Production Quality — 8
The production quality is normal no tricks or trendy gimmicks used to distract people from the musical content. Just enough to keep it going.

It combines all of REM's greatest hits and includes some exclusive new tracks off their 2003 album (DVD filmed in '03) such as bad day which Stipe said was his favourite songs. A must buy for rem fans and a great starter if you want to get into them or an alternative to buying a "best of" CD. I urge you unshamelessly to buy this necessity now!