From One review by Ra

• Released: Oct 22, 2002
Ra: From One

Wow. This band hits every side of the spectrum, so don't think they are Nu-Metal. They have an incredible vocalist, whose style of singing is very unique in this type of music. Much more higher tone, much more fluid vocals then you could ever expect from an up and coming Metal act. The music behind him also will catch you by surprise. There is some classical guitar playing, straight on metal riffs, even a sitar intro to "Do you Call my Name"... heck I'm just guessing as to what that instrument is. Good drummer, good bass player, they take the backseat to the guitar and vocals though. I can't emphazize how good their singer is.. you go out of this album humming his vocals, they are very melodic. This band is incredibly innovative for the genre they are in.

Some lyrics on this are really amazing. "Walking and Thinking" is a beautiful ballad that came out of nowhere. "Sky", "High Sensitivity", "Do you Call my Name?", "Rectifier" all have some pretty incredible lyrics. I think the best lyrics I could give you as a sample would be the chorus to "Walking and Thinking" though. "Over the hills the light it flows, that shows the angels laughing And where is the love that we're supposed to find? Lost in a maze of games so dark and overwhelming, Lost in these thoughts that seem to rule my mind" Lyrical high point of the album right there. But there are flaws, too much its about a grudge against an exlove (the staind syndrome), and too many times they force lines to rhime, when its clear he would be better free forming it a bit. Lots of nice imagery about the sun and such however.

Again Wow. Bought this album for ten bucks on a whim becuase I liked "Do You Call My Name?" and ended up being surprised at how incredibly talented this band is. At least half the album is as good or better then that single, and thats saying something. "Rectifier", "High Sensitivity", "Waiting and Thinking", "Sky" these are all great songs. Not just a Nu-Metal act so dont dare get confused. Although most songs have metal aspects they are definatly above just being that. A Great vocalist, who I would put in my top ten or signers right now. And an album that takes a lot of twist and turns. Well worth buying.. and yes it would be replaced if lost. I can't say anything bad about it.

stevenlogan
    Fuck yeah, bitches. I actually went to England to buy this record. Well, my parents dragged me along, but I bought this album. It rocks.
    Ingsoc
    This is a fantastic CD and even if you're not a fan of Ra....well, you will be after "Do You Call My Name?". Fallen Rock Zone is pretty comical in it's lyrics too, it's probably my favorite off the album.