Amnesiac review by Radiohead

• Released: Jun 5, 2001
Radiohead: Amnesiac

If you thought Radiohead were crazy on Kid A then this can declare them as complete psycho's (in a good way mind you). Amnesiac is definitely not easy listening but it's like "art-rock for the people" (Blender Magazine). It experimental all the way, even the most "commecial songs" like Knives Out or Pyramid Song ("This song has no time signature!" -Phillip Selway-") are like they were recorded in an asylum. This record caps a 1-2 punch of experimental rock and has left a dent in all afficianado's and common people across the world!

Thom's lyrics are at times bizarre (a song about doors?!, Pull/Pulk Revolving Doors) to completly sound ("I Might Be Wrong/I Might Be Wrong", I Might Be Wrong; "I'm a reasonable man/ Get off my case", Packt Like Sardines In A Crushed Tin Box) but he sings it in such a sincere (or intoxicated???) voice that we just indulge in what he has to say and he one of those guys that go totally gonzo and his friends just they, "That's Thom...^.^!"

Highlights... Pyramid Song, Knives Out, I Might Be Wrong, Amnesiac/Morning Bell, You And Whose Army, Life In A Glass House. Too Experimental For Its Own Good (but catchs on after a few listens)... Hunting Bears and Like Spinning Plates Just Weird..(for fans only) Packt Like Sardines In A Crushed Tin Box and Pull/Pulk Revolving Doors Just looking at that list up there shows in how powerful the material is and its a definate must-buy! A recommended buy after this would be either "Kid A" (to experiance more weirdness by Radiohead but a true fan would've bought it already) or "Pablo Honey" (just so you know how "staight" they were before this insanity). SO BUY IT NOW!!!