Amnesiac review by Radiohead

• Released: Jun 5, 2001
Radiohead: Amnesiac

I'm writing a review for this because the comments I've heard about it are very unfair (including the reviews for it on this site). This is an incredible album. It should not be dismissed like it has been. This is an album I love and I much perfer it to the hugely overrated "OK computer". This album has wonderful sound, the production is impecible. The sound of the bass beat on pulk/pull revolving doors is amazing. Very very trippy.

There's nothing "mad" about these lyrics. Anybody who takes them literally is obviously a complete idtiot. Metaphores play a big part Radiohead lyrics and alot of though in required to fully understand what message they are putting across. The pyramid song certainly has wonderful lyrics, depicting the end of the world. Thom has a very unique, emotive voice that compliments the music perfectly.

This is a fantastic album, it overflows with musical genius. Bass heavy electronica songs, experimental songs, acoustic songs, piano epics, guitar songs. Even a classy jazz/slow swing song makes it on as a wonderful closer. This album needs the appretiation it deserves. It's an album of great music to suit almost any mood. Not the throw-away accident it is seen as. As a Radiohead album it is second only to the amazing Kid A. Buy this album and listen to it with an open mind, you certainly won't be dissapointed.