Amnesiac review by Radiohead

• Released: Jun 5, 2001
Radiohead: Amnesiac

Next to Incubus, Radiohead is my favorite band, I love them a lot because they are one of the few people nowadays who actually put thought into their music. When Kid A came out, I had pretty lofty expectations after the odessy that was OK Computer. Kid A was alright, but Amnesiac I am a little disappaointed in. Radiohead has a reputation of creating albums that are different than the previous one. But this one sounded exactly like Kid A. Which isn't bad, but it got a little boring. Amnesiac has an odd electra sound to it. Some of it's ok, but most of its kinda odd.

The lyrics I am very impressed with, as usual, it seems as if a lot of thought and care was put into them. Amnesiac has a kinda sad, yet enlightened mood to it, and the lyrics followed this mood most of the time. Thom Yorke has an absolutly amazing voice, but a lot of the songs on the record had distorted vocals, which took away from the lyrical enjoyment for me.

Don't get me wrong, this is a very good album that encourage anyone to buy and has one the most beutiful songs ever written on it (Pyramid Song). Another favorite was Knives Out, mainly because it resembled a lot of their older material as far as sound. Morning Bell is another good one. I know the they are experimenting with their musical boundries, which I deeply respect. But I do prefer their old, telecaster fest, in your face style of rock.