Amnesiac review by Radiohead

• Released: Jun 5, 2001
Radiohead: Amnesiac

Amnesiac is a album thats not quite easylistening, the sound expend from the haunting sound in "Pyramid Song" to a improvised synth bass over a distorted guitar track in "Hunting Bears". This is actually the leftovers from Radioheads last album "Kid A", but both album was under made under a time of unproductivity in the band. The music styles varies in this album, from electronica to jazz. The sound of this album is fantastic, but i would recommend to listen through OK Computer and Kid A before going in the deep trance of the "Amnesiac" album.

The lyrics in this album is hard to digest, from simple words to long sentances. The music and the lyrics perfectly fits and the lyrics are the feelings coming out of the melody. Thom Yorke has always been a incredible singer, in this album he is also learned many ways to experiment with distortion effects and other singing techniques.

I wouldn't call it the best of the 7 albums Radiohead have released, but its struggling with "Kid A" and "In Rainbows". The best songs on this album is: Pyramid Song, You And Whose Army, I Might Be Wrong, Dollars & Cents, Like spinning plates and Life in a glasshouse. I love how Radiohead managed to do so great in this "unproductive" period and how they manage to mix Electronica with Rock. I would buy this again if I lost it. Would also recommend to buy the deluxe version of "Amnesiac".