Hail to the Thief review by Radiohead

• Released: May 26, 2003
Radiohead: Hail to the Thief

Radiohead's sound changes on every album. The band is constantly changing. If you listened to the band's debut, Pablo Honey, and then Hail To The Thief, you would know what I mean. Thom Yorke's voice has changed dramatically, from decipherable to his new mumbling singing-style (listen to Myxomatosis). In this album, Radiohead combine their original "rock" style with their later electronica to make a masterpiece of an album. For example, 2+2=5, an amazing opening track, starts off with the sound of a guitar being plugged in (wonderful sound). Then you hear a mechanical beat, followed by a guitar playing arpeggios. The song uses a mixture of rock and electronica, to form one of the best songs on the album.

As always, Thom Yorke's lyrics are superb. Metaphoric and meaningful, every song gives a different mood. Yorke has continued to keep up his standard of lyrics.

Hail to the Thief. One of the best Radiohead albums, along with OK Computer and The Bends. Everyone will find something they like here. Highlights include: 2+2=5, Backdrifts, Go To Sleep, Where I End And You Begin, There There, Myxomatosis and A Wolf At The Door. This album easily blows anything Coldplay has ever done out of the water.

70'sdude
    This album was definitely one of the best. Even though the band is always changing their sound, their sound is not always the best. I really disliked Pablo Honey, but it might have been because I listened to it after Hail To The Thief
    bassplayer496
    Why would you compare radiohead to coldplay? What's the similarity? Radioheads one of my absaloute favorite bands. ~Love, Dallas~